Pastor Rod wrote yesterday in This Week at Woodbury: Time to Dance! about our experience in learning to “Dance with the Holy Spirit”. If you haven’t read that email, or want a refresher, take the time now to review what he wrote, and what he taught in last week’s sermon “Come and See”.
It’s great to receive the blessings of fellowship with God, isn’t it. But it is so much more exciting when you get swept along in the dance with the Holy Spirit as He is working, with Jesus and God our Father, to redeem this world: us, our family and our neighbor.
So we have learned over the past several years about living with the Holy Spirit, and then praying, healing and engaging in spiritual warfare in partnership with and being led by the Holy Spirit.
Now God is ready for us to join with Him in inviting others into life with Him.
Have you had thoughts like these?
- "My friends feel welcome at my church, but I wish I could feel comfortable actually talk with them about my faith."
- "It's easy to welcome my friends to my church, but I don't know how to talk with them about Jesus."
- "I can invite my friends to church, but I am scared to talk with them about my faith."
- "I wish I knew how to talk about my faith, not just invite my friends to church."
- "I wish evangelism wasn't so stressful."
Maybe we are simply not used to talking about our faith and, for whatever reason, we feel awkward mentioning the name of Jesus.
It seems that we happily talk about our other friends, but not about Him.
How readily do we talk about:
- what we have discovered in Scripture;
- what the Holy Spirit has been saying to us, or
- how we have seen the Father at work in our lives?
In fact, do we even mention Father, Jesus and the Spirit, or do they become buried beneath the non-specific label of ‘God’?
If we don’t talk about Jesus among friends, then why would we find it easy to talk about him with strangers?
What are some simple steps to getting better at sharing your own story of how you met Jesus?
Chris Walker and colleague Jeanne Kraak will share how evangelism has become a normal part of their lives at "Evangelism Ignite!” The conference is in the sanctuary, Woodbury Presbyterian Church, 1501 Woodbury Rd, Orlando, FL 32828.
Date and Time:
Friday 3/27 evening 7pm - 9:00pm;
Saturday 3/28 9am - 3:30pm (Continental breakfast at 8:30am)
Walk-ins are welcome, but advance registration will guarantee a lunch for you.
Click here to register online.
PS. Who else do you know that should be at this event? Help us spread the word. Feel free to share this email with others who might be interested.